Summer 2014 | Design Instructor
YouthDigital Studio (Durham, NC)
Camp focused on introducing middle and high-school age students to concepts and techniques of 3D animation. In my role as a design teacher, I co-taught seven iterations of the camp to 150+ students (ages 8–16). This involved the following activities:
- Teach the 3D modeling component of the camp.
- Coordinate the pace and content of the lessons with the other teachers to provide a cohesive learning experience to the students.
- Adapt the curriculum provided by the administration according to the characteristics of the students (age, computer literacy, previous experience, level of motivation).
- Conduct permanent assessments to identify aspects to improve in my teaching.
- Prepare different methods and examples to better deliver the curriculum each week.